• 642 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

We are very excited to announce the released of RVSiteBuilder v4.00
New Feature on RVSitebuilder v4.00

- Convert character set to UTF-8, easier to create multi-lingual web site
- New online form editor, flexible to create your form
- New WYSIWYG editor, for professional editor
- New Backup system, to handle large project
- New Publish and Preview system, the best performance for publish and preview large project
- New DIY template, easier to create your own template
- New tryout module, allowing any users try the RVSiteBuilder needless to buy the hosting account

For update RVSitebuilder to v4.00. You must SSH to your cPanel server as root, and run the command.

cd /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/
rm -rf /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/rvsitebuilderinstaller/
rm -f rvsitebuilderinstaller.tar
wget http://download.rvgl...erinstaller.tar
tar -xvf rvsitebuilderinstaller.tar
chmod 755 addon_rvsitebuilder.cgi
rm -f rvsitebuilderinstaller.tar
perl /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/rvsitebuilderinstaller/autoinstaller.cgi

If you find the problem accessing to RVSiteBuilder, please also run this command.
/scripts/makecpphp

More information please go to
http://www.rvsitebuilder.com

Any suggestion please request at
http://forums.rvglob...hp?showforum=13.

#2 milomi

milomi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

Am really exited about this now i know i wont have problems publishing my pages.Thanks even though i still have to wait for my host to upgrade blink.gif

#3 sunshinesun

sunshinesun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

I'm afraid my host has updated to this newest version and I am experiencing numerous problems. After going through the conversion process and opening my site in Sitebuilder, I discovered the following problems:

- A number of fonts have randomly changed
- A table with links has disappeared
- My custom footer has been deleted and replaced with the RV Sitebuilder logo
- Fonts that are shown in the WYSIWYG editor page don't match the preview
- Loading a preview takes FOREVER to load, 3 to 4 times longer than before

I have other critiques but will save those for another post.

This is extremely frustrating considering I was going to upload my site and go live this weekend. Now I have countless hours of repairs to perform.
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

EDIT

Furthermore, when I go to edit the side and bottom sections to fix what the new version has changed, the old information/formating is there but it doesn't show up when I preview. Additionally, the font I used for the navigatior buttons appears correct in the edit window, but when previewed appears as a different font.

Now, I don't even know how to go about fixing things as the edit windows show one thing, and the preview something different.

#4 engineertim

engineertim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:49 AM

The update to 4.0 breaks Horde as well. It seems that smtp.php is updated by the rvsitebuilderinstaller at the following location: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/Mail/ Users of Horde will see the following error message.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Net_SMTP::getGreeting() in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/Mail/smtp.php on line 316

This error is a direct result of the RVSiteBuilder upgrade.

Installing Net_SMTP does not resolve the issue. The smtp.php file is incorrect and broken. There are other locations that Mail resides. /usr/lib/php/Mail/ is the correct version that Horde needs. I replaced my broken one from RVSiteBuilder with that one and Horde works fine now.

My question is why did this get updated and what else is now going to be broken that I am unaware of.

Can I safely roll back from 4.0 to 3.94? This has become such a disaster for us that we are now about to loose customers.

Thank you,

#5 sunshinesun

sunshinesun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE(engineertim @ Apr 29 2010, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My question is why did this get updated and what else is now going to be broken that I am unaware of.

Can I safely roll back from 4.0 to 3.94? This has become such a disaster for us that we are now about to loose customers.

Thank you,

Indeed! I reported my problems to my host and they said (as I knew they would) that they only offer this program, not support it. While being sympathetic to my problems they didn't offer any solutions. While I'm very satisfied with my host, I would certainly consider changing hosts who offer a different program if these issues aren't resolved.

#6 taffy66

taffy66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:48 AM

After update flash template style banner is empty, edit mode ok but in preview and published mode i see only color not animated picture.

#7 Angela W.

Angela W.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:25 AM

This new update has been pretty discouraging. Here is a sampling of some of the issues we need resolved:

1) RVSiteBuilder Manager: we have selected to NOT display the "Powered By" in the footer, but with this new version it is now displaying on all of our clients.

2) In the WYSIWYG editor: the text box to add content does not match the actual size of the area (the "embed code" box takes up too much space on the page).

3) There is an error in the "Image Editor" tool in the WYSIWYG editor. When trying to open it, we get the following (on all of our accounts):
Warning: call_user_func(Array) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /var/cpanel/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder/lib/SGL/ErrorHandler.php on line 106

We have submitted support tickets for all of the above items, but we have not gotten any responses yet. I'm expecting Version 4.01 to be released soon?? We need these issues addressed immediately (and it sounds like EVERYONE is experiencing problems).

#8 ZWOL2

ZWOL2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:43 AM

My host installed the new version and I have had nothing but problems

1. If you go into Stage 3 and Edit Sides whatever information that is put in doesn't show up
2. My Page Menu Buttons were all mixed up and had to go to Step 6 to rename everything.
3. When I click on Step 5 my workspace is reduced to about half as it keeps showing the Dides from Step 3 which is very restrictive
4. To preview takes forever to show up and then it shows everything in Times font
5. It takes about 20 minutes to publish the site
6. I was told by my host that the previous version had a bug in it and that they were installing V4.00 thinking my problems were over.
7. What are RVSiteBuilder going to do about this problem, shouldn't they have ironed all the bugs out of it before releasing it?
8. I am not a techinaly person as far as computers go and the majority of us who have websites learn as we go along. How can anyone work with such a restricted workspace on Setp 5? sorry to repeat myself but I have wasted an entire day with this thing and I can't see any hope of being able to work normally using V4.00 as it is
9. When anyone searches my website online instead of it saying Welcome to... it now say Array
10. I have been in touch with my hosts who have tried their best to help and they are getting it in the neck from most of their customers who have got v4.00, come on get it sorted

#9 ethical

ethical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:12 AM

guys this upgrade is a reall pooch screw.

I submitted a ticket but wanted to post the issue here

1) If you have any sort of customer page name set in Step 6, then this page name is now being used for the navigation menu NOT the page name set in step 4.

2) not to mention this improved preview tool now takes FOREVER to load up but not sure what the difference is as I see no improvement or difference in the preview it just takes about 45 seconds longer to load up...

Also dont get me started on the error on ugrade that almost everyone experienced. That was enough for me to start rolling back the version.

When can we get an ETA on these issues being fixed? Did you do any beta testing on this release?

JM

#10 rvstaff

rvstaff

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:32 AM

Please submit support ticket at http://support.cpanellicense.com. Please include your cPanel login, so our staff can access to your account to test it.

QUOTE(sunshinesun @ Apr 30 2010, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm afraid my host has updated to this newest version and I am experiencing numerous problems. After going through the conversion process and opening my site in Sitebuilder, I discovered the following problems:

This is extremely frustrating considering I was going to upload my site and go live this weekend. Now I have countless hours of repairs to perform.

EDIT

Furthermore, when I go to edit the side and bottom sections to fix what the new version has changed, the old information/formating is there but it doesn't show up when I preview. Additionally, the font I used for the navigatior buttons appears correct in the edit window, but when previewed appears as a different font.

Now, I don't even know how to go about fixing things as the edit windows show one thing, and the preview something different.

#11 cyberfou

cyberfou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

I was also looking fwd to using version 4, but now I wish I could go back to 3.94. My site is to go live this weekend and this upgrade comes at the worst possible time.

To be specific:

1) The new edit screen is very narrow, I liked the button on 3.94 that got rid of the header and sides, the new format makes it very difficult to debug.
2) When I link to an internal page it generates the following error: PHP Fatal error: Class 'RVSGLWrapper' not found in /home/cyberfou/public_html/xxxxx.com/Thanks.php on line 149. Tried to re-create the file and link it, same problem.
3) The unwanted Logo at the bottom.

Where do we log tickets, would like to add this to be resolved ASAP.

#12 sunshinesun

sunshinesun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(rvstaff @ Apr 29 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please submit support ticket at http://support.cpanellicense.com. Please include your cPanel login, so our staff can access to your account to test it.

QUOTE(sunshinesun @ Apr 30 2010, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EDIT

Thanks for the reply Admin.
Just submitted ticket - 7:30 am PST (pacific standard time)

#13 littlepeddler

littlepeddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:17 AM

Is this a forced update. I have just now got ten my back up done and now what to edit my page whis is asking me this.

We are going to convert character encoding to UTF-8 Format. There is a chance converting fail. You should back up your project, save on your PC, and test extracting it to ensure there is no problem. Do not ignore the back up step. If there is a problem after converting, back up file is required to restore the data.
Project ID : d05cab45063e27de202e95ad703de59d
Project Name : Marans of America Club (Apr 28 2010 16:54:34)
Click "Next" to Backup the project

What will happen after this?
I am scared to death my site is going to look like a bunch of crap if I do this. Andy Help.

#14 ethical

ethical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:07 AM

well rolling back the version did notdo so without problems

seems its still pulling some of the new files of v4!! arggg my customers are getting annoyed.

guys, please respond about all these issues and try to get this fixed. Also post detailed instruction on how to roll back to 3.94 or 3.95 PROPERLY so it is not broken as well.

Thanks

John

#15 littlepeddler

littlepeddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:26 AM

I agree with you John the tech support should be focusing on this for we are losing money. We pay for a service and we should get a service.

If they are on top of it thats fine. But as least before we are forced to do an update that screws everything up then as least gives us our old version so we can at least work on the fixes that need to be done.

Why is this such a big deal? Newer is not always better esp. when you don't know if the new is even going to work.

If its not broken don't fix it....but now that it is then only people it affects is the people that pay out the yang yang/

I'm trying to patience before i take this step but I am just waiting to see what happens. My site is useless if it cant be edit so I'm feel like I'm going to be damned if i don't screw it or and sure damned when i do.
Please Tech can we focus on this?
Brenda

#16 Angela W.

Angela W.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:37 AM

While still not perfect, it looks like version 4.01 is addressing some of the concerns.

I've immediately noticed the following fixes:

1) The "Powered By" has been removed (as it should have been)
2) The editing space in Step 5 is not being hindered by the "embed code" sections

However, we're still seeing a few more problems:

1) The "insert/edit image" tool is producing an error
2) Despite selecting the option to NOT use content templates, our empty pages are being filled with RV-content, which we don't want.

Hope all of these errors are addressed today for a version 4.02....

#17 ethical

ethical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

Well 4.02 improves on some of the errors I was seeing, but the Page name issue still exits.

If you set a cutomer page name (the file name) is step 6 it is still applying this to the Navigation instead of what is set in step 4

so heres hoping for 4.03 before monday?

Thanks

John

#18 littlepeddler

littlepeddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:01 AM

How are you guys getting these different versions. I have yet to get an update from 4.0.

#19 Sergio

Sergio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(littlepeddler @ May 1 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How are you guys getting these different versions. I have yet to get an update from 4.0.

Brenda,
I answered on the other post.

Any way, you can check what version you are using when you enter into RVSB in CPanel. At your left bottom corner look what number is there. Do you have a 3.95 or 4.00?
We do custom RVSB templates,examples at:
www.prueba.biz/motorcycle
www.a-la-venta.com/volvo

#20 Sergio

Sergio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

Why are those lines showing up in STEP 5??
(LOOK AT THE ATTACHMENT)

Also, I understand that the view area could be defined by the width consistency, but what about letting the large to be anything we want?

Regards,

Sergio

Attached Files

We do custom RVSB templates,examples at:
www.prueba.biz/motorcycle
www.a-la-venta.com/volvo