RV Products Forums: V.5 poll - RV Products Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

V.5 poll

Poll: After demo poll (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to update to V.5 by automatically or manually?

1. Automatically (11 votes [64.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

2. Manually (6 votes [35.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

Do you like the new user interface design?

1. Yes (10 votes [58.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.82%

2. No (7 votes [41.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

Does it help you easier build website?

1. Yes (6 votes [35.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

2. No (11 votes [64.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

What is the version you prefer?

1. V.4 (7 votes [41.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

2. V.5 (10 votes [58.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   rvstaff 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

Here are some surveys about RVSitebuilder version 5. All of your opinions and suggestions are worth to us, so please feel free to vote and leave comment on what you want to see in V.5.

#2 User is offline   joLS 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

On-line site builders have come along way since we installed RVSitebuilder on our servers.

We recently lost a customer to google because their site builder was so much easier to use.

RVSitebuilder still lacked drag and drop functionality, and still there appears to be no easy way to change the header image, or at least this process is not as easy as it should be.

There should also be a way to remove (temporarily) one of the pages from the menu system, without having to delete it.

The templates are somewhat old-style in design. By now, the RVTemplates should rival the best designs we are seeing in WordPress and Joomla, and now in the Google web site builder.

#3 User is offline   pairote 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostjoLS, on 23 April 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

There should also be a way to remove (temporarily) one of the pages from the menu system, without having to delete it.

This could be done on v5. On step3 there is an option to set page as a draft.

#4 User is offline   Volcano 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

I've been very disappointed in the templates. Garish color schemes with idiotic pictures. You claim to have all these hundreds of templates, but when you get down to it, they are mostly the same templates with different colors or slightly different layouts. Way too many pictures if idiots holding cell phones or sitting in front of out-dated computers. Reducing the number of steps really isn't an improvement. Just make a better editor and give us professional looking themes that can easily be customized with the client's own pictures. The header picture is VERY important and should be easy to change. I no longer promote RVSitebuilder to my potential customers. Instead, I steer them to WordPress or an offline editor like WYSIWYG Web Builder.

#5 User is offline   BuffaloWeb 

• PipPip

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Not impressed. Did you do any focus groups with actual end-users?

1. The language is still non-native-English (very hard for the average Joe to understand the meaning of what you are saying)

2. I agree with others that the header area - as well as virtually ANY area - should be editable.

3. Also mentioned by others: the templates look cheap, and a finished site reflects that. Add the ability to EASILY import Template Monster/Dreamweaver compatible templates or something...

4. The logic is still way too unclear to the average user: What do they know of "Embed Code" or "Pathway Edit"? They would have no clue what these things mean. It shows that you are thinking like a back-end programmer, NOT like the typical, non-technical end user.

I will not upgrade, and I will not make a push to sell this. After 3 years of waiting, I think I'm gone. Better off to find something that was made with end user in mind. Sorry!

#6 User is offline   ethical 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:42 AM

I am going to have to agree with the others, I will not upgrade to v5 and probably will try and phase people out of using the product.

1) The new interface looks like it was designed by a student, it no longer looks professional
2) there is STILL no way to edit the index and css files directly within the sitebuilder making customizing a template a real pain.
3) templates really do need to be improved, most customers give up and tell me they couldn't find any templates that looked good.
4) On step 2 it is completely unclear what the arrows next to slogan, logo etc mean or that they are even clickable, this is not something an end user would ever figure out.
5) instead of being able to edit the font, styling, template and screen width all on the same page, now you have to CLICK to go to a different section to edit those. Why add more clicking for users that already dont know very much??
6) I agree what on earth does pathway edit mean?
7) site properties, again this title completely missis the mark in terms of what is really there, should say Meta/CSS info
8) you still have the same silly bug when editing the meta tags that adds all sorts of spaces when you go in to edit them, i cant believe this bug is still there.
9) why do you still have page effects? has anyone used these things in the last 10 years??
10) i am not sure why you felt the need to remove STEPS? you only then buried the extra things you have to do in non-descript links that end users would not even know are links (yes some of them would not)
11) breaking out the left hand menu from the new step 3 into links instead is pointless, you dont need that much width real estate for the page edit screen, keep the left menu and save users clicking and headaches.

well thats what i can come up with in a 10 minute review, but I will not be upgrading to this version as it is right now. I will likely just start directing users to use wordpress instead.

#7 User is offline   rvstaff 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

For the template discussion, we posted a new forum at http://forums.rvskin...showtopic=11012
Any suggestions would be appreciated, please feel free to advise us.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic