#1 electric

electric

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Hello,

I don't know if this is a bug or by design.

When our admins login to WHM with a user that has "root" privileges enabled (in reseller privileges)... then they are not able to see all the rvskin admin/root options.

We do not want to have our admins login to WHM using "root" un/pw because it is a security risk. We prefer for them to login using their own WHM reseller un/pw which has root privileges assigned.

But this is a problem since they are not able to manage rvskin properly.

If this is a bug, can it be fixed? If it is by design, can you explain why WHM user with full root privileges is not also able to access all rvskin admin options?

With regard to how to do this.. cpanel/whm makes it very easy to check if WHM user has "All" privileges (root) or not, regardless of what username they are logged into WHM with.

Link to WHM plugin docs showing how to check if WHM user has "all" (root) privileges

The link above gives examples in Perl and PHP for how to check if WHM user has "all" privileges (root).

Thanks.
A simple online WYSIWYG content manager for editing your web pages.
http://www.SnippetMaster.com
Linked/embedded CSS, all browsers, XHTML compliant code, multiple users, editable regions... and it's FREE!

#2 Mary Thurman

Mary Thurman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hello,

I don't know if this is a bug or by design.

When our admins login to WHM with a user that has "root" privileges enabled (in reseller privileges)... then they are not able to see all the rvskin admin/root options.

We do not want to have our admins login to WHM using "root" un/pw because it is a security risk. We prefer for them to login using their own WHM reseller un/pw which has root privileges assigned.

But this is a problem since they are not able to manage rvskin properly.

If this is a bug, can it be fixed? This is an excellent site I love it! If it is by design, can you explain why WHM user with full root privileges is not also able to access all rvskin admin options?

With regard to how to do this.. cpanel/whm makes it very easy to check if WHM user has "All" privileges (root) or not, regardless of what username they are logged into WHM with.

Link to WHM plugin docs showing how to check if WHM user has "all" (root) privileges

The link above gives examples in Perl and PHP for how to check if WHM user has "all" privileges (root).

Thanks.

Probably a bug, coz I am having the same issue. Any help please? :(

#3 amarin

amarin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

We found the issue and will fix it in next version (10.38).

Please wait.